Sr. Lighting Designer
We are seeking a full-time senior lighting designer to join our team and take a leadership role on multiple projects of various scales. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate, with the relevant design and managerial experience, who would like to work on unique projects in a creative, team oriented environment.
This position includes the opportunity for career growth in addition to competitive salary and benefits.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop lighting design concepts in collaboration with other team members and Principal.
- Attend project meetings and coordinate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Establish and maintain internal project schedules while verifying that work is in conformance with contract obligations and project budgets.
- Oversee the work of junior design team members.
- Perform/review lighting photometric calculations and energy code compliance forms.
- Develop presentations and visual materials to convey lighting concepts.
- Deliver lighting plans, schedules, specifications, and reports.
- Perform construction administration tasks such as the review of submittals and RFIs.
- Tests and mockups of lighting design strategies.
- Contribute to the improvement and development of studio design and operation standards.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of current lighting design trends, techniques and technology.
- Attending job site meetings and direct or participate in the aiming of lighting fixtures.
- 4+ years of experience in architectural lighting design. High-end residential, hospitality and retail experience a plus.
- Degree in lighting design, architecture, interior design or equivalent experience.
- Experience and comfort level in taking a leadership role on projects from initial concept through construction Administration. Ability to organize and lead team of designers.
- Advanced understanding of lighting technologies, electricity and controls.
- Advanced experience with REVIT, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and AGI32 required.
- Experience with Sketchup, DIALux, 3D max preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills with ability to thrive in a team oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skill with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.