Jr. Lighting Designer
We are seeking a full-time Junior Lighting Designer to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate, with architectural or theatrical lighting design experience, who would like to work on unique projects in a creative, team oriented environment.
This position includes the opportunity for career growth and mentorship for entry-level designers, in addition to competitive salary and benefits.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop lighting design concepts in collaboration with other team members and Principal.
- Attending project design meetings.
- Lighting calculations and energy code compliance.
- Develop presentations and visual materials to convey lighting concepts.
- Selection of lighting equipment and writing of specifications.
- Assisting in the production of lighting plans and schedules.
- Tests and mockups of lighting design strategies.
- Attending on-site meetings, observations and aiming of lighting fixtures.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience with architectural lighting or related field.
- Degree in Lighting Design (architectural or theatrical) preferred.
- General understanding of lighting technologies, electricity and controls.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Adobe, and Photoshop required. REVIT experience a plus.
- Experience with AGI32, DIALux, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, 3D max preferred, but not required.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and capable of sustaining focus while working independently.
- Eagerness to learn, take the initiative, and work as part of a team.
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.